Horticulture & Floriculture
Eco-Lyte anolyte is a sustainable, in-house water treatment for plant propagation, greenhouse, nursery and flower production.
Maximising vase life of cut flowers is an ongoing challenge due to the vagaries of climatic conditions, disease and insect pests. From the time that the flowers are harvested HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) plays a fundamental role in the determination of ultimate vase life and the pleasure experienced by the customer of beautiful, healthy, long lasting flowers. Current practice of using traditional chemicals such as hypochlorite, aluminium sulphate and citric acid in the disinfection of post-harvest water often leads to variability in vase life due to poor control in the field over pH and concentration.
Our fully automated ECA Technology systems enable generation and consistent dosing of exactly the right strength of pH solutions for post harvest flower processing. Application of the solutions range from the field harvest buckets, dipping of flowers for botrytis control, fogging of cold store for microbial and fungal control, bucket washing and surface disinfection of cutting tools and surfaces. In addition, the enhanced chemical stability of the generated solution can result in up to 30% lower usage, reduced cost, better control, and, on average, longer vase life.
Using Eco-Lyte (NTL) as a standard across a broad range of disinfection applications reduces overall cost and complexity.
• More effective seed germination – allows seed viability to become more effective; kills pathogens on seeds;
• “Damping off” eliminated – a significant reduction in bacteria levels in the growing medium;
• Improved seedling survival rate – plant seedlings are much sturdier and able to withstand field stress;
• Sterilising the ends of cuttings encourages stronger root production and stronger growth;
• Plants become more vigorous sooner, reducing growing time;
• Eggs of plant pests are killed by spraying leaves and soil with Eco-Lyte (NTL);
• Flowers set days sooner;
• Turn more rotations in a year as growth is improved;
• Reduced investment in toxic pesticides, creating a safer working environment, and protecting the natural environment.